To qualify for induction the inductee must have accumulated at least 200 points from the following system and must have won at least three (3) National Titles.
|World Championships||National Championships|| State Championships
|Winner||Runner Up||Winner||Runner Up||Winner|
- World Championships – DTL and Trap
- National Championships – All Mackintosh Countries
- State Championships – All Australian States and Territories.
- Events - Handicap, Double Barrel, Single Barrel, Points Score, Double Rise, Champion of Champions, Team High Gun and High Gun
- Qualify - Known Ability prior to 1940.
- Qualify - Inductees must have won at least two (2) National Titles prior to 1960.
- Qualify - Inductees must have won at least three (3) National Titles prior to 1980.
1. 75% of all surviving ACTA Hall of Fame members must approve any amendments to the selection criteria.
2. Points can only be earned by an Australian whilst being a member of the ACTA.